Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a motivated Account Executive to join our National Direct Sales team!
This individual will strive toward a quarterly and individual goal, while building and managing their own business within their assigned region.
This Account Executive will oversee all campaign executions with other cross functional support teams including Ad Operations, Integrated Marketing and Pricing & Planning.
Account Executives are dynamic and have a passion for generating new business and hitting sales goals while properly developing client and agency relationships. To succeed in the emerging digital tech space, the Account Executive needs to display several strengths including access to key client and agency media decision-makers, consultative selling, meticulous planning, pipeline management and prospect list development.
What You'll Do:
- Ability to nurture and grow revenue-yielding relationships with clients, agency key decision makers, and business influencers
- Accurate sales revenue forecasting, demand creation, and brand positioning, as well as pipeline management
- Excellent team and group communication skills (e.g., presenting, meetings, speaking, building presentations, etc.)
- Prospecting, closing and renewing client business
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of direct selling experience in display, affiliate and/or programmatic
- Intimate knowledge of the evolving media business, both digital, mobile, and traditional, as well as
- Understanding client, agency, and digital vendors/partners needs
- Has a vast array of industry contacts both on client and agency sides of the business
- Ability to work, successfully prioritize, and execute independently
- Understanding of the advertising industry pricing and competitive trends in publishing, specifically non-linear video
- Ability to build media plans, understand and articulate IAB terms and conditions, familiarity with 1P/3P ad-serving platforms, social media, mobile platforms, and ad tech
- Set-up and use of Salesforce or similar selling tools
- Fluency with media-planning/buying terminology and familiarity with online ad-serving platforms
- Must be a clear and concise communicator
- Open to attending traditional sales trainings
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel (e.g., pivot tables & v-lookups) and PowerPoint
- Highly organized and analytical
- comScore, Nielsen and other required research needed for sales activities
- Able to balance multiple account relationships & responsibilities effectively
- Capable of handling multiple ad hoc requests
- Excellent people skills and relationship building abilities
- Proven history of self-direction, creativity, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel to client sites throughout the region
- lent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Dynamic, creative, and passionate about the Digital Trends brand and network a big plus
- Experience working with third party technologies is a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Great compensation (base salary, plus bonus) and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Be a part of the solution, see our commitments here: Seven Point Plan to Meaningfully Address Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Digital Trends Media Group (DTMG) is the world’s largest independent innovation media company. 200 million people each month engage with our network of tech and lifestyle media brands, influencing culture and igniting conversation around the ever-evolving worlds of innovation. DTMG’s core demographic is the HENRY (High Earners Not Rich Yet) millennial, whose sphere of influence spans generations. Through in-depth reporting, product reviews, and commentary that entertains as much as it informs, we speak to the audiences that matter most, about the innovation that deeply affect their lives.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.