Who We Are Looking For:
An experienced and battle-hardened frontend engineer to create exceptional digital media experiences. An engineer who doesn't want to be a small cog within a large engineering organization and would prefer to play a meaningful role where the whole organization becomes aware of who you are and what you are doing.
What You'll Do:
- A detail oriented way of doing things
- Ability to write accessible and semantic HTML5 (WCAG, JSON+LD, etc)
- Ability to produce pixel perfect templates based on creative assets
- Experience implementing scalable CSS architectures (BEM, SMACSS, etc)
- Comprehensive understanding of front-end performance optimization techniques and Core Web Vitals
- Comprehensive understanding of Document Object Model (DOM) and web browser APIs
- Comprehensive understanding of Mobile-first responsive web development
- Proficiency with web browser developer tools and web application performance analysis (Core Web Vitals, Google Lighthouse, etc)
- Proficiency with front-end build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc)
- Experience with technical writing (Specifications, documentation, etc)
- Proficiency with git
- Proficient with TypeScript
- Proficient with NodeJS/NPM
- Proficient with SCSS
- Proficient with WordPress/PHP
- Proficient with Google AMP
- Experience with test driven development and automated functional/integration testing
- Experience with IAB/BetterAds standards compliance
- Experience with display and video ad technologies (VAST/VPAID, Google Publisher Tag, Prebid.js, etc)
What’s In It For You:
- Great compensation (base salary, plus bonus) and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Be a part of the solution, see our commitments here: Seven Point Plan to Meaningfully Address Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Digital Trends Media Group (DTMG) is the world’s largest independent innovation media company. 200 million people each month engage with our network of tech and lifestyle media brands, influencing culture and igniting conversation around the ever-evolving worlds of innovation. DTMG’s core demographic is the HENRY (High Earners Not Rich Yet) millennial, whose sphere of influence spans generations. Through in-depth reporting, product reviews, and commentary that entertains as much as it informs, we speak to the audiences that matter most, about the innovation that deeply affect their lives.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.