The Financial Analyst role is ideal for a finance professional who is passionate about technology, media and looking for a challenge in a high growth, new business environment. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Analyst will have direct visibility to senior members of Finance, and significant interaction with essential teams within the business. You have an ability to balance the details against the bigger picture. You have ability to exceed personal goals and are naturally inclined to take on new challenges.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, forecasting, annual and long-range planning to support key departments (i.e., sales, marketing, editorial, product).
- Provide regular deal evaluation and feedback by modeling, and scenario analysis.
- Analyze Return on investment of different programs/initiatives and produce actionable insights from large amounts of data.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting and key metrics to operating teams.
- Build analysis to promote better investment decisions and optimal resource allocation.
- Summarize complex data succinctly to senior leadership which drives decision making.
- Utilize business priorities to develop appropriate long-range business models.
- Identify and execute analysis with a focus on ROI.
- Monitor financial success against goals and regularly communicate status to senior management.
- Support the monthly forecast, annual budget and long-range planning processes.
- Introduce process improvements and implement financial best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field and 3+ years of work experience. MBA preferred.
- Highly proficient with advanced Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) and Power Point techniques
- Experience with Looker, NetSuite, Salesforce, Placements.IO or similar programs.
- You have an advanced modeling background.
- Demonstrate ability to construct long-range P&L and cash flow models and perform DCF ROI analyses
- You have experience working in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including experience developing presentations for senior leaders.
- Enjoy working with quickly evolving, sometimes ambiguous or uncertain goals.
- Experience with advertising-based business models, especially in media, is highly desirable.
What's In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Flexibility to work remotely or based in any of our US office locations: Portland, New York City, Chicago, or Santa Monica!
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. "Tech for the Way You Live."
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.