Job Title: Managing Editor
Reports to: Associate Director - Commerce
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
The Managing Editor juggles the work of all commerce editorial team members to guarantee a balanced, informative, and revenue-driven content cycle every day. You will ensure there is the right balance and production of evergreen features, deals coverage, sponsored content, and other shopping-related content pieces to ensure Digital Trends Media Group's place as a go-to for readers needing support in their purchasing process. The Managing Editor ensures comprehensive coverage of key commerce products, including best of roundups, deals and sponsored posts, and other revenue-driving content opportunities. The Commerce Team achieves revenue goals through content and other opportunities across multiple websites, and the managing editor will help the team hit its goals with your own revenue targets.
- Help create, manage and maintain our commerce content calendar, and support staff and freelancers meet deadlines.
- Support Commerce editors with daily operations of team members in multiple locations with maintaining a constant flow of content across multiple websites
- Work with other teams and departments and represent Commerce editorial plans
- Increase new and incremental revenue for us through affiliate commissions and sponsorships with multiple content types.
- Performance analysis: gather the data, tease out applicable information, report results.
- Edit, update, and publish commerce-related content.
- Support Commerce team with ways to improve and optimize operations and revenue opportunities
- Manage and execute content strategies for tentpole shopping events (like Prime Day and Black Friday)
- Support Commerce editors in managing and allocating freelance budget to maximize content, guide editors in spending.
- Support with recruiting and developing new, diverse talent
- Create, manage and maintain training and how-to documents for all staff and freelancers
- Ensure high standards of excellence are met in our commerce coverage and editing
- College degree in journalism or related field.
- Experience managing a section, preferably more than one.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; able to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience.
- Experience in affiliate marketing
- SEO skills
- Experience working with web content management systems (WordPress preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Broad knowledge of the current tech landscape is a necessity.
What's In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. "Tech for the Way You Live."
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.