Who We Are Looking For:
The Product Owner will manage Engineering team tasks and backlogs at the sprint level. This includes managing multiple backlogs, sprint planning routines, stand ups and retrospectives through the agile development process. This individual will clear blockers in the sprint, communicate out new feature releases, bug fixes and maintain backlogs that support the product roadmaps.
What You’ll Do:
- Take the lead of Agile teams as the Product Owner during daily stand ups, backlog grooming, planning and sprint iterations.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on based on the roadmap strategy set by the Product Manager
- Plan and prioritize sprint backlog for the upcoming sprint
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Defines the User Acceptance Criteria on new features
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value, road mapor ROI
- Lead the product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Create documentation and training materials for newly released features
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Communicate out completed features, bugs and issues to stake holders and the product manager
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset; understanding how products are impacting other work being done within the organization
- Lead the evaluation of completed sprints, retrospectives and assessment of results
- Pursue learning and personal development activities
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of staff, technical and non-technical
- Other duties as assigned to further mission and vision of the team
- 3+years of experience in managing cross functional products or projects
- Understanding and practice of the fundamentals outlined in the agile manifesto and scrum oriented product processes
- Energetic self-starter who seeks out opportunities to help others succeed with their projects
- Currently hold or are interested in pursuing training to become a Certified Product Owner (scrum)
- Superb attention to detail and quality control
- Outstanding organization and time management
- Excellent communication and experience communicating to stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues, vendors, clients, and management and be able to translate complicated information clearly concisely for colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising platforms and editorial processes are a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Great compensation (base salary & bonus) and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Be a part of the solution, see our commitments here: Seven Point Plan to Meaningfully Address Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Digital Trends Media Group (DTMG) is the world’s largest independent innovation media company. 200 million people each month engage with our network of tech and lifestyle media brands, influencing culture and igniting conversation around the ever-evolving worlds of innovation. DTMG’s core demographic is the HENRY (High Earners Not Rich Yet) millennial, whose sphere of influence spans generations. Through in-depth reporting, product reviews, and commentary that entertains as much as it informs, we speak to the audiences that matter most, about the innovation that deeply affect their lives.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.