Job Title: Media Planner
Reports to: Account Manager Lead, National
The Media Planner will play a key role in the Digital Trends Media Group (DTMG) Sales team, supporting the sales team efforts in creating, packaging, and finalizing media plans and product templates for all of DTMG sales opportunities, product offerings and key tentpole events. The Planner will manage the cross functional monthly media planning cycle, ensuring that all plans are inclusive of a strategic mix of digital media: paid social, display, video, native advertising as well as programmatic offerings.
The Sales Media Planning position is ideal for a self-motivated individual that is passionate about online advertising, is comfortable multi-tasking, excels in fast-paced interactive environments and has a deep understanding of the business and dynamics of media - how each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
DTMG’s Media Planner will collaborate daily across the internal organization with our cross functional departments such as Integrated Marketing (IM), Ad Operations, Pricing & Planning (P&P), Business Data & Intelligence (BI). You will also work side-by-side with our Sales Account Managers (AM) to maintain efficiency throughout our pre-sale process and campaign execution while ensuring AM’s are meeting deadlines and fluidly navigating our internal platforms. The DTMG Media Planner has an eye for details and takes pride in the materials you create, mindful that the quality of that work has real impact on the business.
You are ready to assume the role’s responsibilities which include:
- Coordinate and manage the development of digital media packages and templates with the IM, Ad Ops, P&P, and Sales RVP’s teams, confirming marketing materials, inventory availability, product functionality, product pricing, and margin profitability for all DTMG media campaigns before releasing to the Sales team.
- Develop an understanding of our Ads products, sales offerings, key events, and Placements.io Product Catalog.
- Maintain a timely cadence of product catalog feedback from AM’s + Ad Operations to the P&P team to ensure quarterly updates are made and all media plan templates reflect the most up-to-date product catalog suite.
- Ensure execution of media plans internally once sold, especially during key DTMG events (ie: Prime Day, CES, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Holiday)
- Create and maintain resources for our AM + Sale’s Teams that will aid in product, KPI, and performance best practices.
- Use DT’s platform suite (Looker, Google Analytics), to use analytics to help build effective, data-driven media plans.
- Contribute to AM wrap report data compilation and post-campaign highlights including delivery summary, top performers, and future recommendations.
The position requirements include:
- Strong familiarity in building media plans, RFP templates, and developing strategy with multiple approaches and packages to meet client’s KPIs.
- 2+ years’ experience developing strategy for interactive media campaigns, with a deep understanding of interactive metrics and analysis, including the digital advertising process, media math, media planning, and campaign execution.
- Persistent focus on time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivator with strong creative and analytical skills.
- Efficient in multi-tasking and project management capabilities.
- You are comfortable on email, phone and IM, and has ability to manage communication- up, across and down a management structure, within a diversely skilled organization in multiple locations.
- Driven to succeed, has a positive can-do attitude, and enjoys working both independently and collaboratively.
- Expert Excel knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Ad Servers (DFA, DFP/GAM), OMS like Placements.io and CRM like Salesforce.com.
What’s In It For You:
- Great compensation and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Once our offices open, you can enjoy many of our perks such as: free beverages, snacks, big-screen TVs, and much more!
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.