Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP)
Reports to: Head of People
Location: NYC or Chicago, IL
Who We Are Looking For:
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) role is both strategic and hands-on. You will operate as a leader, business partner, and HR practitioner in a dynamic and growing digital media organization. In collaboration with our HR team and business leaders, your contributions will foster a healthy and vibrant workforce. You will report to the Head of People, and can expect to implement efficient processes, build diverse and inclusive teams, and empower team members to be at their best every day. Come join us!
What You'll Do:
- Conduct regular 1:1s with HR staff and mid-level management, providing knowledgeable HR advice.
- Identify, setup, and analyze metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct prompt, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of multi-state legal requirements related to daily management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide performance management guidance to managers (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, and progressive discipline actions).
- Create and interpret HR policies.
- Work closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with leadership to provide guidance and input on organization structures and talent planning.
- Identify training needs and provide practical recommendations.
- Evaluate and monitor training programs to ensure their success. Follow up to ensure training goals are met.
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or equivalent relative work experience
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least 5 years resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and labor relations, diversity, equity, and inclusion, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-CP credential preferred, or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- A concise and succinct communication style and relate well to employees at every level of the organization
What's In It For You:
- Great compensation and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid paternal leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Once our offices open, you can enjoy many of our perks such as: free beverages, snacks, big-screen TVs, and much more!
- Be a part of the solution, see our commitments here: Seven Point Plan to Meaningfully Address Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.