Job Title: Vice President of Engineering
Reports to: CTO
Location: Portland, OR
Who We Are Looking For:
The VP of Engineering will play a critical role in shaping and executing the technological strategy set by the CTO of Digital Trends. You will build the engineering team’s capabilities, establish processes, ensure thorough documentation and effectively communicate the engineering team’s projects, progress and priorities to the greater Digital Trends organization. Reporting directly to the CTO you will manage a team of front-end and back-end software engineers and our IT team.
- Partner with the CTO to establish and achieve our technical vision and scaling milestones to align with business objectives, user and advertiser experience, and revenue goals.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and optimize engineering processes to ensure for smooth and orderly delivery of engineering projects.
- Work with engineering and IT teams to establish documentation standards and processes to ensure all engineering products are clearly and thoroughly documented.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to align technical architecture and vision, strategy, and long-term product priorities.
- Scale, manage, and mentor a team of engineers to ensure for range of relevant capabilities and levels of experience.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure they continue to ship scalable, highly-available products.
- Cultivate skills and manage team performance, guiding individuals and the entire engineering organization in career progression, promotions, performance improvement, and hiring practices.
- Track competitive marketplace and industry trends to drive Digital Trend’s technology and infrastructure vision, value proposition, and roadmap.
- Nurture a data-driven and continuous improvement culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security.
- Champion and ensure engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
What We Require:
- 10+ years of experience managing an engineering organization
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge and commitment to agile software development principles
- Vision and expertise to lead development activities across multiple domain areas including data engineering, platform architecture, content management systems, ad tech, and cloud hosting
- Experience using a blend of in-house talent, team augmentation, and outsourcing to build diverse and scalable engineering teams
- Engaging communicator who makes complex and nuanced topics accessible to the larger organization through relevant examples and storytelling
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Flexible paid time off
- Life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.