Job Title: HR Coordinator (Temporary Position)
Reports to: HR Generalist
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Part-time
We are seeking a part-time, temporary HR Coordinator to join our HR team. In this role, you will assist with recruiting, onboarding, and other HR functions by provide administrative support including record-keeping, file and systems maintenance, recruiting, scheduling onboarding trainings, and HRIS data entry. You will also frequently communicate with both internal and external partners and candidates, facilitate and schedule interviews, and continuously refine HR processes wherever possible.
This role is a great opportunity if you are interested in HR, if you enjoy thinking creatively to improve processes, and are passionate about staying organized. Confidentiality and the ability to manage shifting priorities are both key aspects of this role.
- Propose efficiencies in processes wherever possible and document updates.
- Maintain confidentiality to the fullest extent.
- Help facilitate a positive employee lifecycle; from talent acquisition and onboarding through to termination and exit.
- Prepare new-employee files and collect signatures when needed.
- Draft and update documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), pulls reports in Excel, and maintains accurate information in our folders.
- Schedule meetings and interviews for recruiting, maintaining up-to-date information in our Applicant Tracking System.
- Make photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and perform other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assist or prepare correspondence.
- Regularly work within multiple online systems to maintain accuracy of records and account access.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years HR experience or knowledge of best HR practices preferred.
- Must have previous experience handling highly confidential information.
- Is passionate about organization and critical attention to detail.
- Interest in continuing to develop HR knowledge and staying up-to-date in HR best practices required.
- Able to function independently but knows when to ask questions and ask for help.
- Experience improving processes and process documentation.
- Proactive communication is essential, especially when working remotely.
- Ability to work in an office environment, as well as remotely.
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Remote Working-Environment: Due to COVID-19, our physical offices are currently closed. We are onboarding new employees remotely, and will help provide basic tools for the job such as laptop, keyboard and mouse, and monitor direct to your home. This role will very likely be an in-office role in our Portland, OR headquarters when our offices re-open in the future.
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.