Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Reports to: General Counsel
FLSA: Salary, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Who We Are Looking For:
Our Corporate Counsel will support clients in the Company’s sales, business development, and human resource organizations as well as provide corporate support to the General Counsel. An excellent verbal and written communicator, you will interface with key staff members at all levels of the organization. Operating with a high-degree of autonomy will be critical in promptly, and efficiently, addressing the demands of stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic corporate environment. We’re excited for you to join our team and contribute to a brand that guides consumers to the best products and services available today – and uncovers the innovations that will shape their lives tomorrow.
What You’ll Do:
- Negotiate, draft and review of a range of legal documents including digital media purchase contracts, video and media supply contracts, media licensing agreements, advertising partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other contract matters.
- Review and monitor intellectual property infringement matters.
- Prepare guidelines for engaging with new vendors or contractors.
- Participate and help maintain our Data Privacy policies and procedures.
- Work with other departments to foresee and protect company against legal risks.
- Provide a broad range of legal support and advice to colleagues in a fast-paced media driven technology company environment.
What We Require:
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Admittance to the Oregon State Bar
- At least 5 years of experience (firm or in-house) supporting the business, contract and corporate law needs of technology-focused clients.
- Experience with digital advertising, publishing, and data privacy (GDPR, CCPA) preferable.
- History of leadership and negotiation responsibility
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pretax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and wine on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, big-screen TVs, kitchen and much more!
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.