Job Title: Data Engineer
Dept: Business Analytics
Reports to: Data Engineering Team Lead
Location: Portland, Los Angeles, Chicago
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for someone passionate about data, to join our growing team as a Data Engineer. You will help maintain Digital Trends’ BI datastores and ensure that ETL data pipelines are functional and deliverable. The Data Engineer will work with the Senior Data Engineer and the Data Analysts to ensure reliable delivery of important data from multiple different sources for regular analysis and reporting. The Data Engineer is an expert in python-based ETL/ELT with experience in SQL and Cloud administration (AWS).
What You'll Do:
- Monitor all data pipelines for accuracy and availability. Troubleshoot and resolve any problems that occur.
- Respond to ticket requests from the Data Team for data corrections and pipeline updates.
- Cloud infrastructure monitoring and maintenance with a focus on reliability and performance.
- Create reusable scripts and programs for data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Work with other departments to understand their needs and engineer data solutions
- Be an expert on our pipelining solutions and cloud infrastructure
What We Require:
- 3+ years of Python experience (with a focus on Pandas, NumPy, Boto3, Luigi, and API protocols such as REST and OAuth)
- 2+ years source code management experience (Git preferred)
- 2+ years relational database experience (Redshift preferred or SQL Server, MySQL)
- Maintain current and accurate process and project documentation
- Familiarity with BI Visualization platform integration (Looker preferred)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- AWS Certification or cloud infrastructure experience
- Familiarity with AWS or similar services: Redshift, DynamoDB, SQS, SES, Lambda, Cloudwatch, S3, IAM, EC2
- Familiarity with High Availability infrastructure
- NoSQL and Graph database experience
- Familiarity with Agile Kanban methodology and related technology (Atlassian JIRA)
- Snowplow Analytics experience
What’s In It For You:
- Great benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment!
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.