Digital Trends Media Group is looking for a reliable partner to help support the Ad and Media Operations group. Our mission is to provide our clients with the best technology, inventory, data, strategy, and service for direct and programmatic media sales. We believe in maximized media efficacy and are leaning into the future state of media and advertising.
This person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day requirements related to our ad operations, reporting, and yield optimization efforts with a team of specialists in ad platforms, revenue products, and trafficking operations. This role also collaborates closely with dev and yield leaders on strategy. It is part of a team that owns the management and evolution of our entire Ad Tech stack (including programmatic & data), ensuring we are conducting business using leading platforms that are best aligned with our monetization strategies and goals.
The ideal candidate has a solid ad tech background, with a focus on programmatic, thinks strategically, and is comfortable working across a variety of platforms and systems. This person is a problem-solver who is solutions-oriented, ready to roll up their sleeves to get to the right answer, or resolve an issue and is focused on performance-driven outcomes for our advertisers.
What your responsibilities and oversight includes:
● Trafficking and reporting on campaigns - including scheduling, QA, delivery, fill, revenue reporting, and analysis to finance, sales and account teams.
● Successfully managing a team of traffickers with a keen ability to retain, develop, and motivate them as well as provide development guidance and career planning for each team member.
● It is providing direction and problem-solving support, coaching the team to work thoughtfully, independently, and productively.
● Training the team in techniques and strategies that ensure accurate results, consistent support and a positive experience for our clients.
● Pushing for consistent process improvement and setting relevant policies for the team. Including collaboration with cross-functional leaders to surface areas of process improvement that will drive efficiency for the business.
● Operating from a sense of urgency and purpose, with the ability to tie team activities to overarching business goals and strategies.
● Managing the implementation of new ad & data technologies into the ad stack, supporting direct and programmatic sold campaigns.
● Working cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership, supporting the creation of new ad products and product roadmap/strategy, execution, and the development of new product releases and defining operationally efficient ad specifications.
● Managing vendor/platform relationships, which include our OMS, CRM, SSPs, DSPs, DMP, and all other integration partners within the ad stack.
● Timely reporting and data insights to maximize business intelligence and capabilities.
● Knowledgeable of the ad industry and is comfortable sharing ideas and trends that will help to capitalize on revenue opportunities.
What you bring to the team:
● You deeply understand our audience and put them at the center of everything you do, aiming to serve and delight them every day.
● With respect and the highest integrity, you do the right thing. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
● You debate and ask questions to understand different perspectives and are comfortable with challenging assumptions, respectfully. You welcome constructive conflict if it helps to get to the right answer and the best outcomes for the business.
● Setting clear and ambitious goals, you anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments and outcomes.
● You make decisions thoughtfully and are an effective and timely communicator with a keen understanding of how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
● You are always learning, and by being here, you make our company stronger.
What your qualifications are:
● 5+ years of experience in managing or planning digital, specifically, programmatic media.
● Deep knowledge of publisher side ad serving (DFP/GAM)
● In-depth understanding of supply and demand-side platforms (Index Exchange,
AdX, DV360, AppNexus, TheTradeDesk, etc.).
● Thorough knowledge of analytics platforms (GA360, Adobe Analytics, etc.).
● In-depth understanding of DMP platforms (Salesforce DMP, Permutive, Adobe
Audience Manager, etc.) including data activation.
● Familiarity with SEM platforms (Google Ads, Bing Ads, Kenshoo, etc.).
● Technical understanding of the programmatic landscape and how it fits into the broader consumer experience.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment while handling multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
● Curious and critical thinker with the desire to understand programmatic media and its relationship with a client’s overall business success.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to audiences with varying levels of understanding.
● Ability to work within the constraints of tight deadlines.
● Flexibility to be available or respond to communication after-hours as needed.
● Strong presentation skills and the ability to craft and deliver a cohesive and compelling story.
● Knowledge of offline and online space; understands the relationships between brand, media, and consumer.
● Excellent quantitative analytical skills with knowledge of testing methodologies.
● Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Excel (including operations such as v-lookup, functions, pivot tables, etc.).
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.