Job Title: Freelance Gaming Writer
Job Type: Freelance
Digital Trends is seeking a Commerce Gaming Writer to come aboard and spread the word of the latest must-have deals. The ideal candidate lives and breathes Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and the consoles that came before them. We're looking for someone with real interest — someone who knows all the latest rumors about the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, and the titles headed to each.
The right candidate already has experience writing about gaming (and at least a handful of deals-focused articles under their belt), time to contribute a minimum of five articles per week, and the desire to learn and adapt to the way Digital Trends does things. This is a part-time freelance role; however, we would like it to become a consistent, long-term working relationship if we're satisfied with your work.
What You'll Do:
- Write new stories with a focus on one-off articles and evergreen content.
- Produce updates to existing evergreen content as and when required.
- Be on the lookout for exciting new coverage opportunities to pitch to the Senior Commerce Editor.
What We Require:
- Broad knowledge of and interest in the gaming landscape is a necessity.
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of editorial experience required.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with web content management systems (WordPress preferred).
How To Apply:
Submit the following info:
- Your background, your areas of interest/experience in tech, and your availability.
- Resume with relevant gaming writing or journalism experience.
- Writing samples: Send three published clips of your writing (must be gaming-related).
- Other relevant links: Add a link to your LinkedIn profile or online portfolio.