Job Title: Community Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Audience Development
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Community Manager to assist the Director of Audience in managing content distribution across our social platforms, helping to enhances our social identity and voice, creating unique experiences for our viewers on each platform.
What You'll Do:
This position will be responsible for understanding and utilizing Digital Trends’ voice to assist in content creation and creating awareness of our brand. A strong candidate is someone eager to help in the day-to-day real-time responsibilities of social media management understanding we’re a live tech news network and that the nature of it is fast-paced.
What We Require:
- Primarily managing Digital Trends’ Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts, as well as live clipping and tweeting and posting on-air programming.
- Covering our live / news events using social media during hours that Digital Trends broadcasting is not live
- Schedule and publish content during off news cycle hours
- Interact with fans and viewers on Facebook and Twitter.
- Monitor trending topics and hashtags to insert Digital Trends into the conversation
- Implement engagement tactics on Twitter to keep our audience interacting with us and our live programming
- Managing partner relationships for social sharing of our ToS and original content.
- Ensuring clips from the live show of guests are scheduled on social and shared by the booking producer.
- Work closely with the editorial team and be tuned into the tech and gadget news to further evolve the Digital Trends voice, content diversity, and point of view on the platform
- Clip videos using Brightcove from our live programming for distribution on social platforms
- Test new social media content templates, formats, series, and platforms under the direction of the Director of Audience Development.
- 1-2 years of related social media management experience (Internships and curricular activity included)
- Understanding of digital and tech news
- Understand the logistics of how to strategically publish, engage and monitor our different social media platforms
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and keep organized during a busy, fast-paced work day.
- Strong understanding of what makes content shareable.
- Experience with utilizing publishing, analytics and listening tools to help content creation and engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.