Job Title: Account Manager
Reports to: VP of Client Development, West Coast
Status: Exempt, Salary, Full-Time
Digital Trends, the largest independent premium technology publisher in the world, is an award-winning multimedia brand that guides consumers to the best products and services available today — and uncovers the innovations that will shape their lives tomorrow. With more than 6 million social followers and a website that reaches 30 million worldwide, the brand interacts with more than 100 million people per month. We cover tech for the way you live: not just gadgets, but the powers they unlock in your life, the story of the people who made them, and the way they’re reshaping the world outside your window. We guide our audience through an increasingly complex digital world by humanizing technology and filtering out the noise. The rapid pace of change creates a conversation that’s always engaging, entertaining, and challenging. You don’t have time to become an expert. But we’ll help you feel like one.
Who We Are Looking For:
The Account Manager (AM) is a strategic and enthusiastic solutions-driver who puts our customers at the core of everything we do at Digital Trends (DT). We're looking for an AM in our LA office to build, manage, and optimize ad programs, monitor and improve campaign performance, and develop effective, timely reporting focused on driving business outcomes important to DTs advertisers across our ecosystem.
AMs are platform and solutions experts who are critically important to media planning, strategy, and measurement to our advertisers. With a proven understanding of both online and traditional media, this role is responsible for partnering with the account executives/directors/VPs/cross-functional partners to develop relationships, drive revenue by optimizing complex opportunities, and use data and analytics to build effective solutions for our customers. This role is focused on driving revenue, advertiser education, and ultimately, satisfaction. Success in this position requires strong consultative sales & analytical skills, a focus on service, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team focused environment delivering against tight deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the primary Client point-of-contact for regional sales executives
- Lead the day-to-day account management and optimization of all Client campaigns and cross channel media for the assigned territory
- Desire and willingness to test, embrace and encourage new ad products, product offerings and marketing channels
- Provide Client recommendations to include: display, sponsorships, ad exchange media, mobile, social, creative, and analytics
- Define Clients' business needs and identify areas of opportunity to increase account growth and drive revenue
- Partner with Advertising Operations to ensure that all campaigns are launched to Client specifications
- Provide leadership in the development of Client strategies and presentations
- Contribute to company initiatives, processes and roll-outs.
What We Require:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- 2-5 years client services experience managing digital marketing accounts
- Experience in quantitative analysis of marketing results
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel (e.g. pivot tables & v-lookups) and PowerPoint a must
- Highly organized and analytical
- Able to balance multiple account responsibilities effectively
- Capable of handling multiple ad hoc requests
- Excellent people skills and relationship building abilities
- Proven history of self-direction, creativity, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working with third party technologies, a plus
- Ability to travel to client sites throughout the region
- Dynamic, creative and passionate about the Digital Trends brand and network a big plus
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: flexible PTO, medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment in a new office in the heart of Santa Monica!
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.