Job Title: Director of Growth - Commerce
Reports to: VP of Commerce
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a Director of Growth Marketing for an innovative team focused on incubating new commerce products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about launching new products and experiences that help our users in their shopping journey. They will oversee the strategy, development, and tactical execution of our commerce and campaign marketing strategy. This role is imperative to our efforts in achieving revenue goals, and as such, you will partner closely with our VP of Commerce to scale and grow this marketing function. You understand that testing every assumption is vital to success but measuring correctly and interpreting the results is just as important. You are curious and willing to try new things and never settle for the status quo. You are able to effectively communicate your performance, learnings, and ideas to people at every level of the organization. Attribution is your holy grail.
This role requires the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, touching all aspects of influencing and enabling lower funnel conversion including lading page management, ad copy, new design and channel optimization. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment with a passion for translating performance data into strategic insights that inform marketing strategies and development. You will own and be accountable for KPIs that align directly to commerce revenue goals and encompass all sources of pipeline generation. Our ideal candidate will have proven success collaborating with marketing, engineering and other cross-functional teams to envision, execute, and measure closed-loop commerce programs that drive urgency and intent.
What You'll Do:
- Plan and execute customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement strategies to drive transformative business results
- Develop, prioritize and execute a robust test and learn growth marketing strategy for conversion optimization with a sharp focus on defining revenue opportunity
- Develop, manage and market new product features, merchants and offers to target audiences with a focus on revenue
- Lead commerce experimentation and scaling of current and potential digital user acquisition channels and conversion funnels.
- Strategies include email, push, landing pages, sweepstakes, paid social, and other forms of digital advertising (search, programmatic, retargeting, and display).
- Partner with the Design, Social, Product, Dev and Data teams to create, continuously test, track, and improve conversion-oriented campaigns by optimizing creative strategy, content strategy, targeting, and timing
- Relentlessly analyze and optimize online programs through A/B testing new audience segments, targeting strategies, and creativesOwn/manage testing of multiple paid channels (SEM, Display, Referrals, Social, Video, and Paid Media) for commerce team
- Work with Analytics to develop best-in-class tracking, measurement and reporting methodologies
- Refine, expand, and implement our email strategy, including content, list growth, and list hygiene. Define and optimize automated emails and own the team’s "rules of engagement" for access to our lists
- Build and deepen positive, relevant, and personalized commerce experiences (onboarding/welcome, retention, advocacy, winback) via all messaging channels including email, push, and retargeting
- Own planning/forecasting and monitor daily/weekly results for each channel (KPIs include CTR, CVR, CPAs, Spend, ROAS)
- Collaborate with bi team to ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM, GDPR and CCPA
- Map the target audience journey through the funnel, understanding deeply what motivates and compels them to act
- Collaborate with the Data teams to deepen our understanding of audience segments, conduct member surveys, and track key metrics, and use these insights to identify product features and messaging strategies that will level up acquisition, engagement, conversion and retention
- Identify new opportunity and distribution channels
- Propose new projects and ideas that attract prospects and conversion
- Evaluate trends and emerging technologies in the digital marketing space and providing perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Regularly communicate impact of growth marketing programs to the broader business, ensuring full comprehension of growth marketing goals, benchmarks, pacing and impact
- Provide ad hoc analysis as well as regular channel performance reports
What We Require:
- 2+ years experience with affiliate marketing
- 2+ years experience with A/B testing practices
- 1+ years experience with email marketing
- Superior organizational skills, strong project management skills, and the ability to independently lead and drive projects to completion
- Results and deadline focused with strong prioritization skills and “win as a team” mentality
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with comfort presenting in front of groups.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities
- 1-2 years experience in a fast-paced tech marketing organization
- Data-driven and goal-oriented
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, category creation, messaging, and competitive segmentation.
- A startup mentality: flexible, team-oriented, adaptable, motivated, egoless
- Remote management experience
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, in-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid Tri-Met pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.