Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance and Accounting
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team to track and analyze company metrics, and perform financial statement and industry trend analysis. In addition, other responsibilities include working to find operational and financial efficiencies cross-functionally, requiring strong communication skills. This position should be someone who is capable of balancing multiple tasks as well as someone who possesses strong technical ability and is detailed oriented.
What You'll Do:
- Support the preparation of financial statements (income statements, balance sheets and cash flow projections) and related analysis.
- Develop, tracks and communicates departmental and company financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Perform monthly/quarterly KPI reporting.
- Review accounting policies and procedures for continuous process improvement.
- Collaborate with the other department managers to support overall Company goals and objectives.
- Support the annual budgeting process.
- Support modeling and forecasting.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
What We Require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent required.
- At least 3-4 years of applicable experience.
- Experience conducting industry research and trend analysis that lead to measurable impact on operations and revenue.
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, Netsuite, and Asana is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in MS Windows, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication across all levels and departments within a company.
- Experience within the media industry is a plus.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred, but not required.
- Strong process building and problem-solving capabilities required.
- Must have strong competency in working with systems and applications; must have aptitude to quickly learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications required.
- Must have great time management skills and be able to work to deadlines.
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, in-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid Tri-Met pass
- Free membership to gym within building
As an is an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.