Job Title: Content Specialist
Reports to: Managing Editor of Micro-sites
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We're looking for a Content Specialist to focus primarily on the content creation and graphic application to articles and pages within our websites. This position is a production role, which will interact with all pages of the site.
What You'll Do:
- Prioritize production of article layouts for features, reviews and evergreen content within the CMS.
- Acquire, create and edit assets for content production.
- Ensure content is produced in a timely fashion and meets deadlines.
- Ensure produced content meets SEO goals, content styling, and brand guidelines.
- Creation of promotional imagery for homepage.
- Generation of custom elements for featured content.
- Assist with event coverage including image editing, polishing layouts and content promotion.
- Offer feedback on areas of improvement regarding content styling, process, and workflow.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Required:
- Must have experience in content creation.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to understand digital media.
- Knowledge of WordPress required.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass
- Free membership to gym within building
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.