Job Title: Content Specialist for Microsites
Reports to: Content Director
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Founded in 2002, Designtechnica Corp. publishes Digital Trends, Digital Trends en Español, and The Manual and touches over a hundred million people every month. Through a suite of marketing services and partnerships with some of the world's largest companies, Designtechnica helps connect brands to consumers through premium, brand-safe content, live and on-demand videos, and events held across the country. Through offices in New York City, Portland, Los Angeles, Chicago, and more, and across all of our brands, we speak to a millennial audience about people, innovation, and the tech that's changing their world.
Who We Are Looking For:
We're looking for a Content Specialist dedicated to content creation, and graphic application to articles and pages within our websites. This position is an entry-level, production-oriented role, which will require someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and hit tight deadlines.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with Managing Editor to publish a high volume of content daily
- Prioritize production of article layouts for guides and evergreen content within the CMS.
- Acquire, create and edit assets for content production.
- Create, layout and manage site landing pages using proprietary page creation tools.
- Creation and management of site taxonomies and navigation structure.
- Ensure content is produced in a timely fashion and meets deadlines.
- Ensure produced content meets SEO goals, content styling, and brand guidelines.
- Assisting with general site upkeep, data entry and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Offer feedback on areas of improvement regarding content styling, process, and workflow.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Required:
- Must have experience in content creation.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to understand digital media.
- Knowledge of WordPress required.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass
- Free membership to gym within building
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.