Job Title: Staff Writer, Mobile
Reports to: Section Editor
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
Mobile Staff Writers at Digital Trends are passionate, knowledgeable professionals with deep understanding of a topic area — particularly mobile and wearables — and a love of consumer tech and gadgetry. This is a fast-paced job in a fast-paced industry: First and foremost, a staff writer finds and writes multiple news stories every day, develops long-form features and articles, and creates pointed opinion pieces to ensure Digital Trends place as a thought leader. Staff writers also ensure timely, comprehensive coverage of key products, including reviews, videos, how-to pieces, and more.
What You'll Do:
- Find and write multiple short news stories per day
- Ensure coverage of key products through reviews, videos, how-tos and more
- Develop long-form features and articles and create pointed opinion pieces
- Fact-check articles and aid in production in WordPress publishing platform
- Identify opportunities for original long-form stories and execute accordingly
- Star in both filmed reviews and live broadcasts
What We Require:
- Broad knowledge of the current tech landscape is a necessity.
- Sharp writing skills; able to tell stories in a style that is succinct and engaging
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be it among co-workers or in filmed videos or live broadcast hits
- Willingness to go the extra mile for a story; getting quotes and researching adeptly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Stellar organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Photography/videography skills a plus.
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, in-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen and much more!
As an is an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.