Job Title: Commerce Editor
Reports to: VP of Commerce
Location: Portland, New York, Chicago, LA, or Remote
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a data & SEO savvy commerce content expert, who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves and dive in to a wide world of opportunity. The Commerce Editor will work with the VP of Commerce to help build and manage the commerce content program across our brands: Digital Trends, Digital Trends ES, and The Manual. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with changing course in a rapidly growing environment.
You’ll be responsible for collaborating with our edit and business teams to create and optimize existing content across all verticals in addition to pitching new ideas, with a focus on revenue generation. You’ll be data driven to a fault as you guide content development across our brands, while also being relentlessly creative. You’ll identify and tweak content voice, product and format to maximize revenue and connect with the needs of our readers. while never losing sight of our core values and voice.
From a day to day perspective, you will be responsible for managing the commerce content calendar and workflow, adherence to our commerce content guidelines, and providing strategic revenue direction for our content teams. You will track key performance metrics and audience insight data to ensure our content is engaging and high impact. This is an exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing department.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the Commerce Strategist on content strategy and voice
- Identify key content opportunities across our brands and social platforms
- Own editorial workflow for commerce content
- Own the planning and development of the commerce content editorial calendar
- Own process and workflow around production of content
- Hire, train, and manage a large network of freelancers
- Ensure our content and layout is optimized for SEO
- Create, train, and enforce commerce content guidelines
- Work closely with our affiliate team on partner and seasonal opportunities
- Work closely with our data team on analyzing data and deploying new tests
- Lead A/B test ideas and experimentation with content style and creation
- Report on and draw actionable insights from our affiliate data to inform content development and optimization
- Armed with data and actionable insights, guide our content teams through a consultative approach to revenue growth through content
- Optimize and organize content for distribution across our brands, and distribution platforms
- Maintain relationships with our key merchant partners
- Stays up to date with consumer shopping trends (online and offline), as well as new/unique products and retailers
- Stays up to date with industry trends in the commerce, publishing and affiliate space
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications, Advertising, Communications, Journalism or English (copywriting emphasis preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years producing, editing and writing content for a similarly sized publication
- Highly adaptable, quick to learn (from success and failure) and able to evolve
- Comfortable with experimentation and a startup like environment
- Experience with commerce content, affiliate marketing and content management systems
- Highly analytical with a familiarity of key performance metrics such as CTR and Conv. rate
- Familiarity with SEO
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.