Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to work closely with an Executive to provide administrative support including calendar management, coordinating travel arrangements, recording board meeting minutes, and other duties in support of the efficient administrative operation of the business.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and maintain Executive’s calendar, appointments and travel arrangements (air, hotel, car, conference rooms, and entertainment.) Meet at least daily with Executive to confirm and/or summarize upcoming events and information to keep Executive organized and prepared.
- Plan and schedule meetings, prepare meeting agendas, and take & distribute notes. May attend meetings in the Executive’s absence.
- Attend regular board meetings and take and transcribe the minutes.
- Make travel arrangements for employees, board members, guests, and business partners.
- Manage and keep professional memberships current, alerting the executives of important upcoming events and presence needed.
- Offer personalized support by running errands, scheduling personal appointments, research and other administrative support duties.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for the Executive using Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other programs.
- Facilitate and coordinate meetings and events.
- Identify and resolve problems as they arise to ensure the office is running smoothly and executive team is organized.
- Manage partnerships with vendors and building maintenance; oversee supplies.
- Provides backup coverage during Office Administrative breaks and lunches.
- Assist the Executive in the preparation of expense reports, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Take on other special projects as needed.
What We Require:
- At least five years’ work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, or Admin Assistant with Executive duties.
- Outstanding organizational skills, able to proactively anticipate the needs of the Executive.
- Able to meet personal and assigned deadlines and can effectively influence others to meet their deadlines.
- Strong prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent proactive oral and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills.
- High-level of computer proficiency/aptitude (MS Office, calendar, and other productivity tools.)
- Able to work evening & weekend on occasion to attend board meetings (1-3 times per month).
- Travel with Executive to other offices and location. Estimated about 10-20% of the time.
- Must have previous experience managing a budget.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.