Job Title: Inside Sales Director
Dept: Inside/Direct Sales
Reports to: CRO
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
The Inside Sales Director will ensure the success of Digital Trends’ small-mid size advertising sales function. This person will oversee the hiring and training of the sales personnel, and manage the professional development of the inside sales team, which consists of individuals who conduct sales via phones or the Internet. They will create the team strategy and set sales goals, track revenue, produce sales reports, complete monthly forecasting and set department budgets. This Sales Director will also conduct analyses to determine prospective clients and develop initial relationships with Clients.
What You'll Do:
- Manage Inside Sales Team + Function; oversee the inside sales team including hiring, training, motivating and providing ongoing professional development opportunities for this team.
- Set and monitor revenue targets; present weekly, monthly and/or quarterly sales goals for the inside sales team. Includes monitoring actual sales, sales leads, and generating reports including forecasting and goal achievement.
- Assess Sales Practices to Create Improvement; measure individual team performance to determine if existing practices and processes are generating required revenue volume (suggest improvements to sales processes as needed, implement improvements and monitor the impact of these changes over time).
- Build initial Client Relationships; for retention and growth purposes, this leader will openly communicate and build initial relationships with Clients to foster customer loyalty.
What We Require:
- 8-10 years sales experience with a minimum of 2 years sales leadership
- 4-yr college degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines
- Experience hiring and training inside sales staff
- Ability to evaluate effective sales processes and procedures
- Understanding of how to create sales targets
- Developing sales performance reports
- Sales prospecting + retention skills
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.