Job Title: Product Manager
Reports to: CTO
FLSA: Exempt, Full-time
Location: Portland, OR
Digital Trends is the largest independent tech & innovation publisher in the world, super-serving a millennial audience, with offices in Portland, Oregon (HQ), New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, and more. We cover anything and everything interesting in technology- from 4k & 8k TVs, racing drones, product launches & recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving and everything surrounding 5G. Our content spans from news, entertainment, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides real-time insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
It’s no secret that Digital Trends is obsessed with technology. We don’t just write about cool tech; we also create it. It takes a great product to deliver great content and it takes exceptional people to build tech that drives innovation.
As a Product Manager at Digital Trends you will be responsible for taking the technology, we use to deliver our content to the next level. You will bring an innate understanding of where business objectives, market forces, and technological innovation converge to create and evolve products that will allow Digital Trends to expand its reach.
This role will take products from ideation to delivery, working collaboratively with different teams including c-level executives to understand business objectives, define requirements, and facilitate development and to ensure products provide value and meet quality standards. You will be responsible for defining product roadmaps based on research around the needs of the business as well as market conditions.
The product manager is an essential role at Digital Trends that, just like our content, blends business and technology. Your contributions will bring focus to our mission to make technology accessible for everyone.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain technical knowledge of product capabilities and scope.
- Define a product roadmap that aligns with strategic business objectives.
- Prioritize product development projects based on business objectives, resource availability, and stakeholder/customer needs.
- Make recommendations for the nature and scope of present and future product development by reviewing product specifications and requirements as well as appraising new product feature ideas and/or product changes.
- Create user stories for current and future products and/or product features
- Facilitate A/B testing to optimize product performance.
- Provide source data for all product related messaging and product related documentation.
- Assess market competition and identify strategic opportunities and risks.
- Provide training and documentation to ensure product capabilities and scope are understood.
- Ensure product and product development outcomes meet quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Require:
- 3+ years’ product development experience in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of editorial workflow
- Knowledge of publisher-side advertising and/or related ad technologies
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Project management experience
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Interest/knowledge of current consumer electronics, including but not limited to: smartphones, home theater, gaming, computing, photography, social media, and automotive tech.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing or relevant field
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.