Job Title: Associate Data Engineer
Dept: Business Intelligence
Reports to: Senior Data Engineer
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-time
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for someone passionate about data, who's interested in breaking-into their career to join our growing team as an Associate Data Engineer. This individual will help maintain Digital Trends’ BI datastores as well as ensure that ETL data pipelines are functional and deliver on time. The Associate Data Engineer will work closely with the Senior Data Engineer and the Data Analysts to ensure reliable and performant delivery of critical data from multiple disparate sources for regular analysis and reporting.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor all data pipelines for accuracy and availability. Troubleshoot and resolve any problems that occur.
- Respond to ticket requests from the Data Team for data corrections and pipeline updates.
- Cloud infrastructure monitoring and maintenance with a focus on reliability and performance.
- Create reusable scripts and programs for data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
What We Require:
- 2+ years of Python experience (with a focus on Pandas, NumPy, Boto3, Luigi, and API protocols such as REST and OAuth)
- 1+ years source code management experience (Git preferred)
- Relational database experience (Redshift preferred or SQL Server, MySQL)
- Ability to maintain current and accurate process and project documentation
- Familiarity with BI Visualization platform integration (Looker preferred)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- AWS Certification and/or extensive cloud infrastructure experience
- Familiarity with AWS or similar services: Redshift, DynamoDB, SQS, SES, Lambda, Cloudwatch, S3, IAM, EC2
- Familiarity with High Availability infrastructure
- NoSQL and Graph database experience
- Familiarity with Agile Kanban methodology and related technology (Atlassian JIRA)
- Snowplow Analytics experience
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, in-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid Tri-Met pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
Digital Trends is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.