Job Title: SEO Specialist - Content
Reports to: SEO Director
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-time
Location: Portland, OR, New York, NY, or Remote (able to work NYC or PDX hours)
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, OR; New York City; Chicago; LA and more. We cover anything and everything in technology -- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a skilled Content SEO Specialist to join our SEO team and execute and manage SEO tasks with the direction and supervision of the SEO Director and in collaboration with our Technical SEO Manager. This Specialist will focus on Content SEO to assist in increasing traffic and engagement across multiple websites.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform keyword and analytics research to optimize/update existing content
- Discover new content opportunities
- Brainstorm new content topics and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute
- Provide recommendations for content development in coordination with SEO goals
- Run content gap analysis on our sites and our competitors
- Refine internal linking strategy to maximize visibility of our content in search
- Stay up to date on current SEO best practices, changes to search engine algorithms, changes to search engine features, and other related areas
- Other duties as needed
What We Require:
- 3+ years SEO experience with strong writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments to drive results
- In-depth knowledge of on-page SEO
- Strong understanding of how content translates across different media formats.
- Deep understanding of page indexing including experience analyzing index loss, bloat, and management of website crawl budget
- Understanding of information architecture and experience analyzing internal link structure with experience implementing solutions to better spread crawl budget and page-level link equity.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Console & third-party SEO tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Search Metrics, Majestic & Screaming Frog
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Previous publishing experience a plus
- Google News optimization experience a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Excellent Writing Skills
What’s in it for You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k with employer matching, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave, flexible paid time off, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and wine on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, big-screen TVs, full kitchen and much more!
Digital Trends is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.