Job Title: Anchor - DT Daily Live
Dept: Integrated Marketing
Reports to: Producer, Live Content
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full- time
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology -- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech For The Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
The ideal candidate will be an authentic and relatable on-camera host and producer that is passionate about technology and has a keen understanding of how to tell compelling stories that are unique and captivating.
The Anchor is part of a high-performance team, with high expectations on all its members with one goal: to produce great work!
What You’ll Do:
- Host a live daily broadcast(s), presenting timely and relevant stories on air.
- Assist in planning and producing content for every episode of a daily news / variety show.
- Work with the Digital Trends editorial and video team to package news stories for inclusion in the live video broadcast.
- Book and conduct on air interviews with relevant guests and influencers.
- Think creatively about new content opportunities, how to evolve Digital Trends’ current programming and develop ideas for new shows.
- Utilize and interact with social media to identify technology-driven content to feature both on-air during live broadcasts and for online video on demand.
- Originate ideas, script and host 1-2 explainer videos per week that can be used in stream during live broadcast as well as distributed across Digital Trends’ VOD platforms.
Who You Are:
- An excellent communicator and problem solver: excellent verbal and written communication skills, taking complex stories and presenting them to viewers in approachable and compelling ways.
- A strong presence on-camera: you are more than comfortable hosting on camera, not just for edited content, but for live video as well. You are a quick thinker with a matching wit.
- You can command a room and are viewed as an influencer in the technology space.
- Highly organized: able to manage schedules and planning for multiple episodes simultaneously, often weeks in advance, communicating with team members to provide visibility.
- Diplomatic: you will be working alongside the live content, editorial and editorial video teams, which can naturally push against each other and you will need to help facilitate resolution.
- A multitasker: you will be planning out multiple days of content, multiple days in advance, often spanning one or more shows. Efficiency and productivity are paramount.
- On camera video hosting experience with a presentable reel of material.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in multi-media journalism, hosting and producing content.
- Foundational knowledge of software, tools, techniques, and various file formats used within digital deliverables.
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies and best practices with a passion to share and inspire those around you.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues, vendors, and management and be able to translate concisely for non-savvy colleagues or clients.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Met pass
- Free membership to gym within building
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, in-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen and much more!
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and links to on-air material.
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.