Who are DigitalOnUs?
At DigitalOnUs, we not only provide Agile and DevOps methodologies to our customers, we have adopted the same within the company as well. Our nimble processes are not mired in red tape, yet robust, flexible and result-oriented. We are Software Engineers, Technical Architects, Cloud and DevOps specialists. But the most important, we are dreamers, creators and challengers. Each day, we strive to make great come alive. Our lemma: “work smart and play hard”
Our technology partners are Hashicorp, Cloudbees, Chef, Pagerduty, Docker and SAP.
We are always looking for the brightest candidates to come and we offer a work environment with everything you need to be your best. Does Ambition, Success, Fun, Friends & Learning define your idea of a career? Join us and be part of our family!
We're seeking a Systems Engineer for a high traffic social networking/ecommerce website. You will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot systems and storage supporting an application stack of Apache, Tomcat, Node.js, Hadoop, Kafka, NetApp, Dell/EMC, Oracle storage and more. You will help implement the strategic choices in our evolving cloud and hybrid cloud datacenters.
You will have the chance to work within a group to further a common toolset, build out and adhere to operational policies, and find innovative solutions to help the technical teams deliver business features.
We are proud of our open work culture. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers, and technically minded managers. We have interesting technology and growth projects ahead. Some past projects include building several Hadoop clusters; extensive work with Kafka; CI/CD tooling to enable developers to deploy to production at will, public cloud implementation and migration. You will have full input and ownership in many projects and areas. Here you will find people that are passionate to share their ideas and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineering is trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
Desired Skills and Experience:
We want to meet you if this sounds like you:
- Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools to provision, monitor, and manage linux systems and large storage issues.
- Strong experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system and application slowness, and networking and storage i/o issues with applications.
- Solid working experience with server provisioning and capacity management. Cisco UCS experience a plus.
- Experience with public cloud. Preferably hybrid deployments. Docker and Kubernets a plus.
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write puppet manifests and templates (chef/ansible/salt stack are acceptable alternatives).
- Experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with CI tools like Gitlab and Bamboo.
- Comfortable with networking concepts as they relate to system administration. F5 or Netscaler experience is a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following: event transport systems like activemq, rabbit mq and kafka; caching systems like memcached, couchbase; bigdata technologies like Hadoop, EMR, Impala, Hbase and Hive; Kafka.
- Detailed understanding of storage technologies and how they can be used to support data delivery and application deployments. Dell/EMC, NetApp and Oracle Storage experience preferred.
- Strong experience with providing storage for datacenter virtualization implementations. VMware, KVM, and Xen experience preferred.
Education and Requirements:
- Four-year degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Sciences, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years supporting highly available Linux infrastructure.
- Previous experience working for an ecommerce company.
About the client:
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.
Why you will love this job?
- You will work with a multi-national virtual team on exciting problems that will constantly challenge you and make you grow.
What you can expect from us
At DigitalOnUs, what distinguishes us from other teams is the comfortable environment which engenders trust within teams and with our customers. Trust and openness leads to quality, innovation, commitment to deliverables, efficiency and cost-effectiveness for all our customers.
- Work with some truly remarkable IT engineers, architects, specialists and more.
- We’re growing at a phenomenal pace and we’d like some company.
- Hear your voice, nurture your talent and help you strengthen your foot print!
- Benefits above the law
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Possibility of relocation to USA