Who is DigitalOnUs?
At DigitalOnUs, we not only provide Agile and DevOps methodologies to our customers, we have adopted the same within the company as well. Our nimble processes are not mired in red tape, yet robust, flexible and result-oriented. We are Software Engineers, Technical Architects, Cloud and DevOps specialists. But the most important, we are dreamers, creators and challengers. Each day, we strive to make great come alive. Our lemma: “work smart and play hard”
Our technology partners are Hashicorp, Cloudbees, Chef, Pagerduty, Docker and SAP.
We are always looking for the brightest candidates to come and we offer a work environment with everything you need to be your best. Does Ambition, Success, Fun, Friends & Learning define your idea of a career? Join us and be part of our family!
We're looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer. This role blends innovation in a sophisticated cloud ecosystem with sustained compliance, while supporting a high traffic, highly visible platform with large volumes of data, third-party integrations, and challenging scalability and performance considerations.
This candidate possesses a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, embracing and driving complex, highly visible, and challenging projects to completion. This role requires seasoned engineering and communication capabilities. This individual must exhibit strong collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams and a rich set of problem-solving skills. This candidate should be self-motivated, have a passion for quality, and the ability to clearly communicate out an up to the executive level.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Minimum 4 years experience in any combination of software engineering roles of some type:
DevOps, applications, services, automation, etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience with DevOps practices and automation tooling
- Experience designing, developing and operating software applications/services in AWS ecosystem
- Experience writing code with one or more interpreted languages such as: Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Linux Shell
- Experience with Terraform or Cloud Formation scripting
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience with standard software development best practices and tools such as code repositories (Git preferred)
- Experience executing with agile software development best practices
- Hands on experience with creating web applications or web services preferred
- Must be very comfortable in a Linux Bash shell environment
- Familiarity with pervasive AWS architecture guidelines
- Thorough understanding of pricing/cost models across AWS services, especially compute, storage, and database offerings
- Must be able to multitask and work well with changing priorities in a fast paced, 24x7 environment
- Experience with public cloud migrations/transformations
- Must be highly collaborative and be able to work in a team environment, with technical and business people
- Excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills with the ability to translate technical detail into non-technical information
- A strong ability to learn and adapt new technologies
- Strong ability to coordinate activities in a coordinated and highly visible manner
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, science, engineering or workforce equivalent Technical certifications preferred
- Responsible for designing, building, and supporting advanced cloud automation workflows and tools, written mostly in Terraform and Packer, used to facilitate the automated setup, configuration and deployment of workloads in the cloud.
- Responsible for the automated testing of infrastructure as code, using tools such as InSpec and AWSpec/Test Kitchen
- Define and track metrics to monitor and improve cost efficiency across a complex, multiaccount AWS implementation
- Design and build automated workflows/tools to enforce policies, best practices and cost controls
- Consult with engineering teams to optimize the provisioning of their infrastructure
- Contribute principles and policies to form best practices, standards and guidelines for how to be successful in cloud environment
- Adhere to process and security standards when building infrastructure in AWS
- Consult with product and engineering teams to assist their education, onboarding and ongoing performance
- Enforcer of team budgets within the cloud
- Ability to understand and influence:
- If a given infrastructure is correctly provisioned or over-provisioned.
- If something can be optimized further or is already optimized.
- Work with Service owners to understand the criticality of the service, and what its ideal needs are for cloud operation
Why you will love this job?
- Work that matters – Help build a platform to revolutionize DevOps
- Hard problems - Solve software engineering problems in distributed computing.
- Diverse tasks - We have a small team with a big project, so you won't be stuck working in some corner.
- Sustainable lifestyle - Do great work and have time and energy for the other things life has to offer.
What you can expect from us
At DigitalOnUs, what distinguishes us from other teams is the comfortable environment which engenders trust within teams and with our customers. Trust and openness leads to quality, innovation, commitment to deliverables, efficiency and cost-effectiveness for all our customers.
- Work with some truly remarkable IT engineers, architects, specialists and more.
- We’re growing at a phenomenal pace and we’d like some company.
- Hear your voice, nurture your talent and help you strengthen your foot print!
- Benefits above the law
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn