Who is DigitalOnUs?
At DigitalOnUs, we not only provide Agile and DevOps methodologies to our customers, we have adopted the same within the company as well. Our nimble processes are not mired in red tape, yet robust, flexible and result-oriented. We are Software Engineers, Technical Architects, Cloud and DevOps specialists. But the most important, we are dreamers, creators and challengers. Each day, we strive to make great come alive. Our lemma: “work smart and play hard”
Our technology partners are Hashicorp, Cloudbees, Chef, Pagerduty, Docker and SAP.
We are always looking for the brightest candidates to come and we offer a work environment with everything you need to be your best. Does Ambition, Success, Fun, Friends & Learning define your idea of a career? Join us and be part of our family!
Apache Developer & Deployment Expert
DigitalOnUs is looking for a senior engineer with expertise in Apache development, change management, and deployment to work with our platform security engineering team and provide both technical and execution leadership for a wide initiative to upgrade and harden our web-tier across all product lines. This position focuses on security and security engineering as it applies to OnDemand platform, its software stack, and the underlying infrastructure. While the focus is on the web-tier, candidates must be familiar with how this fits into the overall landscape of a typical modern web application and be able to perform impact analysis and risk assessments for any changes that are proposed.
As our Apache expert and advisor, you will help drive the technical direction of our web-tier and collaborate with developers and architects on execution. Candidates must have a passion for engineering, have a track record for high-quality deliverables, and have experience working with globally distributed teams.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or related field
- 10+ years professional experience in Software Development, DevOps, or LAMP stack administration
- Previous experience working with Apache deployments, configuration, and modules including: mod_jk, mod_proxy, mod_security, mod_unique
- Experience with Apache load balancing
- Experience with Apache security configurations including: Certificates, TLS, and Virtual Hosts
- Expert in Perl
- Experienced in C and C++ (Apache Modules)
- Experienced in Java
- Ability to work in an agile development environment and capable of working effectively in cross-cultural global teams
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented, customer-oriented attitude, good strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and appealing manner
- Experience in cloud-based SaaS applications
- Experience with 3rd party security tools such as Vault, Consul, and Cloud HSMs is a plus.
- Review requirements and work with other security engineering staff on technical solutions
- Build knowledge of Web Tier and help drive the secure hardening of the web stack
- Update and modernize Perl and shell code for webserver configuration changes if required
- Research changes in Apache releases and their impact
- Upgrade Apache builds to the latest version
- Evaluate and mitigate reported web-tier security vulnerabilities reported in penetration tests across the OnDemand products.
- Research, add, and configure new apache modules to improve telemetry and monitoring
- Have knowledge of TLS Protocols and their configuration in the web server
- Participate in our agile development process and participate in daily scrums.
- Review and debug Java code (HTTP Requests) as it pertains to web server access.
- Develop test cases to validate any and all changes to the web-tier
- Write documentation for any and all changes to the web-tier
- Mentoring of engineering staff to improve their ability to manage changes in Apache
- Demonstrate and review deliverables with senior leadership and product management
- Composure under Pressure – Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
- Ensure delivered functionality meets the requirements of external and internal stakeholders.
Why you will love this job?
- You will work with a multi-national virtual team on exciting problems that will constantly challenge you and make you grow.
What you can expect from us
At DigitalOnUs, what distinguishes us from other teams is the comfortable environment which engenders trust within teams and with our customers. Trust and openness leads to quality, innovation, commitment to deliverables, efficiency and cost-effectiveness for all our customers.
- Work with some truly remarkable IT engineers, architects, specialists and more.
- We’re growing at a phenomenal pace and we’d like some company.
- Hear your voice, nurture your talent and help you strengthen your foot print!
- Benefits above the law
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn