Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to work across our Platform-as-a-Service portfolio. You will lead the charge in defining, validating, delivering, and iterating on product requirements that help our customers build their applications and businesses in the cloud. Reporting to the Manager PM for Applications this Sr. Product Manager will work externally with our customers and partners, as well as internally with a cross-functional team including Product Design, Product Engineering, Marketing, Business Development and other Product Managers.
DigitalOcean is loved by developers for its simplicity. Obsession for customer service, engagement with the community, and love for developers are core tenets of our culture and business strategy. You will be empowered with direct access to customers, design team research, cross-functional support, and the ability to work as a member of an agile team to deliver a better experience for all of our customers..
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products and features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and create user stories.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Enable the sales team with product training and collateral.
- Create and drive a community engagement plan.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience and domain knowledge in the cloud computing space, preferably building and delivering Kubernetes products & services.
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents
- Hands-on working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, and distributed systems are a plus
- MBA a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Salary range of $113,000-$169,000
*Bonus of 10%
*ESPP employee contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision offered and costs covered by DigitalOcean up to 90%
*Gym Stipend of $100/month
*Internet/Phone Stipend of $200/month
*401(k) match up to 4% with no vesting
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!