Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who care about empowering others to use data in deriving insights at every level.
Engineering Services is focused on empowering people across DigitalOcean with technologies and services that magnify the ability to deliver to our customers and communities. We work to improve the quality of life for every member of our teams through access to tools and information that allow them to execute faster, at higher quality, and to use information to inform smarter decisions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the long term architectural vision and roadmap for our data and information focused systems.
- Work closely with teams to support and guide them through implementation of the data engineering roadmap.
- Align technical strategy with other senior engineering leaders and analysts across the organization and provide subject matter expertise in designing interactions between data systems.
- Provide guidance to other engineers in resolving emergent issues and provide feedback as part of the technical and data design process.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- A deep knowledge of data and information systems technologies and design principles.
- Demonstrated track record of supporting and guiding engineering teams in the operation and delivery of data platforms at a global scale, across multiple regions, and data centers.
- A desire to mentor, coach, and train other engineers in technical and data design principles.
- An ability to work well as part of a geographically distributed team.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Salary range of $130,000-$210,000
*Bonus of 12.5%
*ESPP employee contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision offered and costs covered by DigitalOcean up to 90%
*Gym Stipend of $100/month
*Internet/Phone Stipend of $200/month
*401(k) match up to 4% with no vesting
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!