Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building the systems, culture, and processes that will improve the resiliency, reliability, scaling, and performance for cloud services.
We are looking for leaders that can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing day to day people management with moving the business forward both technically and culturally.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive reliability and availability across the organization at a global scale. You’ll work closely with the engineering and infrastructure teams to drive reliability, scalability, and availability for all customer-facing services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage, coach and support a team of SREs. Help them grow their skills, confidence, and motivation that lead to their professional and personal success
- Working with stakeholders to develop the availability and reliability of DigitalOcean’s systems and microservices
- Facilitate DigitalOcean’s culture of learning by providing insight and recommendations for improvement
- Recruit, hire and develop world-class engineers
- Coaching teams and individuals on reliability best practices and solutions
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering and operational goals
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Driving a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Distinguished track record managing an SRE team (with experience implementing reliability, process, and scaling solutions)
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
- Experience implementing disaster recovery best practices
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer incidents through use of technologies for automation, deflection, and issue management
- Advocate of effective development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling and configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Salary range of $120,000-$155,000
*Bonus of 10%
*ESPP employee contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision offered and costs covered by DigitalOcean up to 90%
*Gym Stipend of $100/month
*Internet/Phone Stipend of $200/month
*401(k) match up to 4% with no vesting
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!