Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We’re looking for someone passionate about customer advocacy, improving the customer experience, and providing world-class support for our Managed Kubernetes offering.
As a Developer Support Engineer II, you'll work both independently and collaboratively with your team to troubleshoot and resolve highly-technical issues that customers encounter while using our platform. You'll partner cross-functionally with our product and engineering teams to drive feedback, improve internal & external tooling, launch new products & features, and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical support requests created by our customers spanning a growing range of container products and services, including Managed Kubernetes and Container Registry
- Contributing to internal documentation that provides your team with the resources they need to perform in their role and external documentation that allows our customers to self-serve
- Engaging customers and responding to technical questions received through our community Q&A forum
- Representing the voice of support, speaking on behalf of our customers through direct engagement with our product and engineering teams
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience troubleshooting basic and advanced Kubernetes issues ranging from pods and deployments to the control plane
- Knowledge of kubectl, community projects such as helm, istio, linkerd, prometheus, NGINX ingress-controller, and similar software and utilities used to manage deployments
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy in a remote work environment
- Growth mindset, with an unrelenting focus on continuously improving your knowledge and skill set
- Bonus: Certifications such as CKA and/or CKAD
- Bonus: Experience with one or more database engines (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB)
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!