ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a UI Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will be developing and implementing the logic and flow for all in-game UI. You will need to collaborate with design, art and other programmers to understand the UI requirement for a given feature. You will need to be an expert in C++ and have experience with Flash and Action Script. You will also have strong communication skills and a strong interest in UI technologies and implementation. Experience with Lua would be an asset.
- Develop and implement the logic and flow for all in-game UI
- Collaborate with design, art and other programmers to understand the UI requirements for a given feature
- Work directly with artists and other programmers to implement efficient and maintainable, modular and reusable UI systems
- Develop and maintain UI systems and best development practices
- Work with UI artists to develop UI elements
- Create custom tools and scripts as necessary to facilitate UI development
- Ensure the technical quality and function of the UI through tuning and bug fixing
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent game development experience
- 5+ years of game development experience, with at least 1 shipped product
- Strong interest in UI technologies and implementation, especially usability and the presentation of information
- Expertise in C++
- Experience with UI Editors and Software such as Adobe Animate, Flash, Scaleform, etc.
- Strong communication skills (in both written and verbal capacities), work ethic and motivation
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 75 million registered players on PC, PS4™, PS5™, Xbox One™, Xbox Series X/S™, Nintendo Switch™, and iOS™. The studio's most recently announced project is the much anticipated Soulframe®, an open-world action-fantasy MMORPG title that is currently under development.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last ten years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.