ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Dialogue Designer will be responsible for editing and mastering recorded dialogue, applying creative processing as needed, attending sessions virtually, logging take notes, implementing and testing dialogue in the game engine and in our custom dialogue tracking software, and liaising with Writers and Technical Designers regarding dialogue implementation. The incumbent will take direction from the Lead Sound Designers and the Audio Director.
- Edit, master, and implement dialogue, narration, and voice into our games and marketing assets. The candidate must possess a passion for dialogue design and the creative use of plugins and other techniques to transform a character’s voice. Strong attention to detail is required. They must also be comfortable working under the direction of the Lead Sound Designers and Audio Director.
- Ability to work with audio engine tools to achieve the desired voice outcome in-game.
- Attend sessions virtually to log take notes and collaborate with the recording studio/engineer.
- Identify and rectify voice-related bugs.
- Maintain an understanding of the game engine and our custom dialogue software.
- Ensure an appropriate voice audio mix at all times, across all platforms (PC, PS5, Xbox X, Switch, iOS).
- Uphold an audio program skill set that aligns with current industry standards (Pro Tools, Reaper, plugins, etc.).
- Have a passion for continually improving the game audio engine, especially in relation to voice, and collaborate with audio programmers on new features and fixes.
- Possess intermediate knowledge of audio recording and editing techniques.
- Be comfortable working alongside other team members, such as sound designers, technical designers, and the production and marketing teams.
- Post-secondary education in an audio-related program.
- At least 4 years of experience in an audio-related field or 2+ years of experience in the game industry.
- Experienced and comfortable working with both Mac and PC.
- Passion for world-class audio.
- Thrive in a close-knit team of passionate audio professionals.
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent dialog/voice design skills.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Background in dialog/voice design for video games.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 75 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. The studio's most recently announced project is the much anticipated Soulframe®, an open-world action-fantasy MMORPG title that is currently under development.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last ten years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.