About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our service offering is Daml (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
The estimated salary range for this role, based in our New York City office, is $185,000 to $230,000. The range may vary if based outside the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Base salaries are determined during our interview process, during which we assess the candidate's experience, skills and capabilities against internal peers and the scope and responsibilities of the position.
The Digital Asset Client Experience (“CX”) Team works with enterprise clients across industries to enable Daml based solutions to multi-party workflows in process and transaction environments. The CX Team has the broadest range of role responsibilities in DA, and interacts with every other team - Product/Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance & Operations, and senior management. CX Team members provide services to a large and diverse set of clients, and are involved in the end-to-end client relationship from pre-sales and business development, through to solution, design and requirements, through to software delivery and implementation.
As part of this team, the CX Technical Lead Engineer is responsible for establishing and managing the client experience of the technical colleagues and developers of Digital Asset’s clients and partners. CX Technical Lead Engineer has the opportunity to work directly with global and local client and partner organizations to solve real-world problems and advance business-differentiating solutions. CX Technical Lead Engineer is an experienced hands-on, client-facing technical lead who will identify and define use cases that are ideal for Daml applications to solve and develop solutions, for and with clients and partners. CX Technical Lead Engineer will structure technical design, architecture and solutions, contribute to company blog posts and conduct training to increase Daml adoption. In doing so, the CX Technical Lead Engineer will be an expert in using Daml and immersed in the benefits of its unique developer efficiency. To do this, CX Technical Lead Engineer will need to fit with DA culture, be highly technically proficient at writing code in Daml and both object oriented as well as have a familiarity with functional languages such as Java, Scala, Haskell, F#, or Python. Additionally, she / he must have extensive client interaction experience.
- Become an expert in applying Daml and our developer tools to identify and solve clients’ workflow opportunities / problems with pragmatic and efficient code; Be able to provide clients assistance in their solutions use of Daml models, development, and integrations.
- Lead technical architecture, design and documentation of client solutions; Collect and define requirements based on a dynamic assessment of functional and non-functional capabilities.
- Lead technical aspects of client engagements, from documentation to discussions and demonstrations to execution of client mandates, incorporating best practices in Daml products, technical concepts and design.
- Manage CX Engineer and partner resources aligned to client engagements.
- Define and lead client learning sessions for Daml Connect, Daml Driver and Daml Hub products, related developer tools and course material; As a technical lead, support our sales/pre-sales process with comprehensive answers to technical questions.
- Work closely with the broader Client Experience team, as well as the Sales, Marketing and Product teams on the development of technical materials, prototypes and sales tools; Research and articulate key differences between other smart contract software on the market.
- Develop formal models of business processes and propose innovative improvements to them through pragmatic and efficient code; Contribute to the evolution of Daml and our developer tools.
- Contribute to company blog posts, attend industry events or join relevant panel discussions to represent both Digital Asset and the company’s products.
- Strong hands-on, software engineering on large-scale projects; proficient in one or more functional programming languages e.g. Scala, Haskell, F#, ideally in a production environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a quantitative or highly technical role and/or industry.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing technical resources, and collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced, pressured environment.
- Capable of taking an abstract idea and turning it into a strategic, pragmatic solution in code.
- A careful blend of creativity and pragmatism, as Digital Asset is part of a community bootstrapping a technology and demand for the technology while simultaneously on tight delivery timelines.
- Exceptional communication skills, comfortable presenting complex concepts in front of large client audiences, both technical and non-technical; Ability to effectively summarize and present findings to senior level executives within Digital Asset and at clients.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals; command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns with ability to fluently translate them into working, elegant code.
- Skilled in leading and working within an Agile environment, including participation in daily scrum meetings, backlog management, sprint definition, and retrospectives, preferably within a global team.
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact email@example.com.