About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our service offering is Daml (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
The Canton team develops a system based on a novel distributed ledger synchronization protocol called Canton (https://www.digitalasset.com/developers) that provides secure synchronization of multi-party business workflows based on the Daml. Think of Canton as a distributed database over untrusted replicas with Daml governing authorization and data confidentiality.
As a software engineer in the Canton team you have the unique opportunity to work on groundbreaking and security critical technology. Your focus will be on the Daml language design and implementation of its compiler or interpreter.
- Design, implement, and deliver new features in Daml in strong collaboration with the rest of the Canton platform team.
- Write code mostly in Scala for the interpreter and in Haskell for the compiler.
- Take initiative in analyzing and improving the performance and efficiency of the interpreter.
- Effectively balance new language features with compiler complexity while considering their impact on user experience.
- Follow a collaborative approach that fosters, embraces, and insists upon diverse perspectives. We are a powerful team where everyone pulls more than their weight, where everyone matters and all opinions are valuable.
- You are an experienced polyglot software engineer as demonstrated by your open-source projects or your industrial experience.
- You have experience in working on compilers and/or interpreters or other runtimes, ideally for a functional language.
- You take pride in seeing customers running your code in production.
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with others.
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science or a related discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- You have written production code in Scala or Haskell.
- You are familiar with the internals of GHC.
- You have experience in working with protobuf or similar interface description languages.
- You have worked on a product that customers ran for mission-critical use cases.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.