About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our product offering is Daml (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract language and framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - the core component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to help developers build solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
The estimated salary range for this role, based in our New York City office, is $80,000 to $150,000. The range may vary if based outside the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Base salaries are determined during our interview process, during which we assess the candidate's experience, skills and capabilities against internal peers and the scope and responsibilities of the position.
Create excitement within developer communities for one of the fastest growing tech startups in the world. Digital Asset is continuing to build out a high functioning Developer Relations team and is looking for an experienced Developer Advocate to help win over a global developer community.
Reporting to the Director of Developer Relations under the Product Engineering org, the Developer Advocate role will help skyrocket awareness and advocacy for the Daml Platform engaging both online and in-person with developers to provide the training and support that drives adoption. In this role, you will become an expert in the use and application of the Daml development framework and products. The Developer Advocate will also work closely with Developer Marketing and Product Management to drive awareness and align product strategy with developer requirements.
To successfully perform in this role, you should possess many of these qualifications.
- Software development experience ( a plus if that experience includes functional programming languages)
- An understanding of blockchains, distributed ledgers and/or decentralized systems
- Experience writing articles, code samples, blogs, and other content
- Proficient in English; both spoken and written
- Familiarity with modern software development tools and technologies
- Excellent presentation skills and experience giving talks at small and large-scale events
- Interest in sharing knowledge and building communities
- Experience developing demos, webinars, videos, and other visual/oral technical content
- Experience driving influencers to events and content
- Experience nurturing community members and converting them into champions
- Ability to manage fast-moving event and content deadlines
- Ability to travel
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Prior developer evangelist/advocate/relations experience
- Technical product marketing/sales engineering
- Experience planning and managing developer events, hackathons and conferences
- Meaningful social presence with engaged followers
- Hands-on functional programming skills like Scala or Haskell
- Preferably based in the US, UK, AUS, or Hong Kong but remote is a possibility.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.