About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our service offering is Daml (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
The estimated salary range for this role, based in our New York City office, is $135,000 to $185,000. The range may vary if based outside the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Base salaries are determined during our interview process, during which we assess the candidate's experience, skills and capabilities against internal peers and the scope and responsibilities of the position.
Building upon the solid foundations of the Daml smart contract language (https://daml.com/) and the Canton interoperability protocol (https://www.canton.io/) - we are striving to launch a public network that will allow our customers to go well beyond siloed private deployments and build a true global ecosystem, opening the doors for every app developer to easily build new solutions that seamlessly and securely interact with their existing assets.
As a senior software engineer in the team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a newly formed team that is building from the ground up the next wave of our products at the forefront of technology. You will help us tackle some of the most challenging and complex problems, while delivering the best quality products for our customers in healthcare, supply chain and the financial industry. You will also mentor and grow the next generation of great engineers.
- Deliver high quality and well-tested code efficiently and at pace.
- Contribute to the development of cutting-edge distributed ledger technology innovations.
- Develop and refine feature specifications within an Agile development environment.
- Mentor, teach and guide other engineers in the team.
- Experienced software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Proven success contributing to significant software engineering projects and owning major components within the solution.
- Demonstrated success in guiding and mentoring more junior engineers.
- Excellent programming skills, ideally using a functional language (preferably Scala or Haskell).
- Superb communication skills - both written and spoken, with demonstrated ability to interact with other engineers within the team and across teams.
- Ability to work under uncertainty with changing requirements and priorities - focusing on the immediate steps while maintaining a good view of the larger picture.
- Ability and willingness to mentor other engineers for great responsibility and productivity.
- Striving to improve overall systems and processes within and beyond the immediate team.
- Bonus points for experience also in one of: DevOps/SRE, frontend development, build systems - specifically SBT.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.