About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our service offering is DAML (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
We are looking for a technical writer to help build user-centered documentation for our developer tooling product suite. You will be a core part of the product management team working closely with design, engineering, customer enablement and other technical writers to create resources that don’t just document what the product does, but accelerates a user from novice to power user. Customer performance is critical to Digital Asset and the tools you will build will create a powerful impact on adoption.
The successful candidate for this role will have tremendous proficiency in the technology space.
- Work with product managers, UX designers, engineering and other technical writers to produce and maintain documentation, including: Developer Guides, Operator Guides, Deployment and Best Practice Guides.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to help prioritize future training investments. Make improvements in documentation management, such as consolidation or applying best practices for consistency and ease of use.
- Participate in defining best practices, guidelines, and the documentation tooling to be used.
- Give feedback and guide engineers in their creation of documentation.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Ability to write for a developer audience
- Ability to evaluate and organize technical information quickly and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible, have initiative and a proactive work ethic, enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must be comfortable working with developer documentation tools and workflows where documentation is treated the same as source code.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of people (technical skill level, communication style, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Prior experience as a software design / development engineer not required, but a PLUS.
- Experience with Git, Sphinx, and Markdown not required, but a PLUS.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.