About Digital Asset
Digital Asset (digitalasset.com) is a leading provider of distributed ledger technology (DLT) that solves real-world business challenges. We combine deep industry expertise with scalable technology, including a distributed ledger platform and an intuitive smart contract language originally developed by Digital Asset, called DAML (daml.com). Digital Asset enables financial institutions and organizations across a variety of industries to bring efficient, modern and scalable DLT systems into production.
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
The Canton team develops a novel distributed ledger synchronization protocol called Canton (canton.io) that provides secure synchronization of multi-party business workflows based on the Daml. Think of Canton as a distributed database over untrusted replicas with Daml governing authorization and data confidentiality.
As a researcher engineer in the Canton team you have the unique opportunity to shape a novel and security critical technology while also tackling the production challenges of such a system for demanding use cases in fields such as healthcare, supply chain and the financial industry.
- Tackle hard distributed systems and security related problems in Canton by designing, implementing, and delivering new features of Canton.
- Write code mostly in Scala, test it thoroughly and document its features for users.
- Write and publish research papers on our technology and study related work.
- Contribute to the overall architecture of our technology by collaborating with other teams.
- Follow a collaborative approach that fosters, embraces, and insists upon diverse perspectives. We are a powerful team where everyone pulls more than their weight, where everyone matters and all opinions are valuable.
- You are an experienced systems or security researcher who is also a strong software engineer.
- You have a strong publication record at renowned systems or security conferences.
- You have implemented your research as demonstrated by either open-source projects or by transferring your research into a product.
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with others.
- PhD in computer science or a related discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Your research background is in distributed systems (e.g. consensus protocols), systems or information security, formal methods, applied cryptography.
- You are comfortable writing production code in Scala.
- You are based in Switzerland.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact email@example.com.