About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our service offering is Daml (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
The Application Runtime team builds rich APIs that allow our customers to interact with the Daml Ledger (a JSON API, bindings for Java and Web developers). We also develop tooling for cross-cutting concerns such as observability and authorization. Finally, we are looking to improve and expand our offering for deploying and monitoring Daml deployments in cloud-native environments.
As the Team Lead, you'll give technical leadership in all aspects of this team. You'll lead and mentor a team of five engineers working in a remote-first environment spanning across six time zones. You'll define and evolve the roadmap in collaboration with the Product arm of the organization, setting priorities and giving overall direction to all the components under the team's responsibility.
- Lead a team of 5 engineers distributed across several countries and working on a very diverse set of technologies, ranging from back-end services, to front-ends, bindings and DevOps tooling.
- Oversee and lead the design and development of new and existing components.
- Report to the Director of Engineering, keeping all stakeholders in sync with the current status.
- Communicate with the Product arm of the organization to drive and focus the roadmap.
- Devote some time to hands-on work and collaborate in the development of new and existing tools and services, mostly written in Scala.
- You’re eager to drive design decisions and technology choices in a collaborative way.
- You have experience in leading and mentoring a team with both senior and junior engineers.
- You are experienced in designing software systems and are familiar with architectural patterns like event sourcing and CQRS.
- You are familiar with both object-oriented and functional concepts.
- You have played around with Daml and its platform and have ideas on how to improve it!
- You are an experienced Scala developer.
- You are an experienced TypeScript developer.
- You have experience in creating tooling around Kubernetes.
- You have experience in leading a distributed team.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact email@example.com.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.