Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
In order to continue developing a world-class product, we are growing our engineering team. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who are creative, dedicated, and passionate. You believe in using the right tool for the job, and value simplicity over ease. You will own end-to-end development of features and write tests. You will also employ savvy technical, written and verbal communication skills to help us execute our vision as the company scales.
If you're passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives in partnership with a smart, driven and fun-loving team, we're excited to meet you.
Ways you will make an impact:
- You will contribute to each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release and quality assurance.
- You will rapidly prototype and iteratively push features into production.
- You will architect, implement and scale integrations and features to retrieve banking data from over 3000 institutions continuously for millions of users.
Here's what we are looking for:
- You possess knowledge of React, Node, and MongoDB
- You have experience in Computer Science or a closely related field
- We don't require experience with our stack (CoffeeScript, Node.js, MongoDB) but you should be eager to learn.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 401k Plan
- 100% paid health insurance coverage from Anthem
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible work and vacation policy
Engineering Onboarding Expectations:
Within 1 Day, You'll:
- Bootstrap your local development environment with our docker setup
- Submit your first minor Pull Request and ship it to production
- Be familiar with our product and team culture
Within 2 Weeks, You'll:
- Ship your first major feature
- Review someone else's Pull Request
- Collaborate with Support, Product Management and Analytics team members
- Give feedback on your on-boarding process
Within 2 Months, You'll:
- Be comfortable navigating the majority of our stack
- Have made measurable impact on our customers
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for new work to achieve our quarterly OKR goals
Within 6 Months, You'll:
- Have a vision for how you'd like to grow your career
- Enter the rotation for on-call support of production issues
- Be the go-to owner of a piece of our system
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.