At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world’s first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don’t have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you!
The Member Trust & Safety team owns tooling and features around Fraud Prevention, Customer Support, and Compliance. Our goal is to enhance user safety and trust by building a powerful foundation to detect issues and support our users quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer who is passionate about building highly available, highly scalable systems and services to power the core “smarts” of Digit’s auto-budgeting and bill management experiences. As a backend engineer, your job will be to design and implement services that run the central algorithms of Digit’s intelligent banking experience. You'll be part of a stellar team composed of smart, diverse and efficient backend software engineers and machine learning engineers. If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's live, we are excited to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Write and iterate on budgeting algorithms, transaction enrichment pipelines and financial insights systems
- Develop highly available, secure, APIs to power exciting product features like auto-budgeting and bills recommendations
- Work with machine learning and data science experts to deploy cutting-edge predictive systems
- Build distributed systems to handle large-scale internal workloads that allocation funds for all of our users daily
- Expand a world-class platform of financial services for the 21st century
Who You Are:
- 2+ years as a dedicated backend engineer with experience at scale
- You have broad experience building backend services on cloud infrastructure
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- You have a good understanding of operating systems and computer networking
- You are proficient in a handful of different programming languages and truly experienced in at least one concurrent programming framework
- You're excited about building the tools and services that compose the backbone of our company
Technologies We Teach and Use:
- gRPC, REST, SQS, Kafka
- MongoDB, Postgres, Delta Lake, Redshift
- Databricks, AWS
- DataDog, Bugsnag
- Experience with the US financial system, specifically money movement
- Experience building and deploying feature pipelines and machine learning models (machine learning experience is not required for this role. We’re excited to teach you what you need!)
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $8B in cumulative savings and prevented $170M in overdraft fees. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if Digit is right for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility reimbursement
- Daily lunch stipend
- Internet, commuter, and wellness benefits
- Take what you need PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don’t discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.