At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world’s first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don’t have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you!
- You’ll be collaborating closely with our product teams along each step of the product development process, from ideation, to implementation, to testing, and production release
- You will be working with a team to rapidly prototype and iteratively push features into production
- Design, Build, scale and manage Digit’s services mostly written in Go interacting with various databases such as Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Deployment in AWS
- Participate in team on-call and bug rotations
Who You Are
- 5+ years as a dedicated server side software engineer with experience working on backend services.
- 2+ years experience writing in Go
- You have a working knowledge of Node.js and MongoDB or a willingness to learn
- You have exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs and efficient algorithms
- You have some familiarity building and working with highly scalable services
- You aren’t afraid to get deep into the weeds to manage, deploy and improve infrastructure
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems, concurrent programming, and scalable design
- You have a good understanding of operating systems and computer networking
Technologies We Teach and Use
- gRPC, REST, http/s, SQS, Kafka
- Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- DataDog, Bugsnag
- Experience working with Kafka, Redshift, Databricks, DBT, AWS Glue, S3 Delta Lake setups, Airflow, and DBT deployments.
- Implement and control data access, governance and cataloging solutions for Digit’s data to help us maintain our PCI compliance
- Mobile platform development experience
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $6B in cumulative savings and prevented $170M in overdraft fees. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if Digit is right for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility reimbursement
- Daily lunch stipend
- Internet, commuter, and wellness benefits
- Take what you need PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don’t discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.