At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world’s first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don’t have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you're passionate about making an impact and helping real people every day we're excited to meet you!
If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
The Director, Business Information Security Officer (BISO) is the information security program owner for
their assigned business unit. The BISO enables the business unit by working across our diverse &
distributed security teams to provide advisory services. This leader will also help enable Oportun’s
business through security at speed and scale, while balancing information security risk management and
As part of your role, you will also maintain a team of high performers and invest in their career growth,
within a Remote-First workforce model. You have and will continue to build an excellent technical
aptitude, leadership skills, and business acumen. Excellent communications, strong interpersonal
awareness, attention to detail, and the ability to foster cooperation and trust across groups are key
success factors for this role.
This role is remote in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and grow Digit’s high performing security engineering team.
- Build and manage Digit’s Information Security Program.
- Guide technical direction of Digit’s application security program.
- Identify cybersecurity architecture, goals, objectives and metrics.
- Oversee security reviews, threat modeling, provide technical guidance, write code if necessary.
- Define the roadmap, partner with technical and business leaders to assess Information Security risk and prioritize ongoing efforts.
- Educate engineers and peers on secure code and secure architectures.
- Provide leadership, vision and oversight in development and implementation of cyber security strategy to establish consistent, effective information security practices and minimize risk.
- Serve as the primary security liaison between Digit and Oportun.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels of the organization through excellent communication skills.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience with a demonstrated track record of success in information security, risk management, compliance auditing and / or penetration testing.
- Prior success in leading teams and working with Engineering to design, architect, and implement cloud infrastructure for highly available, scalable, reliable, and secure cloud platforms.
- 5+ years of interacting or in building and scaling diverse, inclusive, and high-performing security teams.
- Deep understanding of cloud service architecture, security concepts, and implementing proactive security controls
- Operational experience in modern agile engineering approaches in developing, running, and maintaining software
- Hands on experience in development, web security, with a solid foundation in software engineering principles.
- Basic skills/familiarity with Python, Node.js backend, React web app, React Native, AWS tools.
- Experience running embedded security engineers in development teams to educate and grow understanding of secure coding practices
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Foster a team culture of innovation, partnership, and product team enablement
- Direct experience with regulated systems (e.g., GLBA, SOX, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, etc.) in the financial industry.
- Leadership experience with regulatory and industry standards such as PCI, CIS Controls, NIST CSF, SOC 2, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness and familiarity with startup environments; maintaining flexibility in rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- Bachelor’s degree / graduate degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the role.
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $6 billion. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if Digit is right for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility reimbursement
- Daily lunch stipend
- Internet, commuter, and wellness benefits
- Take what you need PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don’t discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.