Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you're passionate about making an impact and helping real people every day we're excited to meet you!
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced Lead Data Engineer who is passionate about all things data to come help us build Digit’s data platform. In this role you will work on our Data Engineering team to own and build our data infrastructure to make Digit more data driven as we build an intelligent bank account. This role may subsequently transform into a Manager’s role. While Digit is headquartered in SF, this role is open to anyone, anywhere in the US.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, Build, scale and manage Digit’s data platform including but not limited to our Kafka pipelines, Redshift and Delta Lake setups, and our Airflow and DBT deployments.
- Collaborate with our data science and machine learning teams to power the ‘brains’ of our bank account and product teams to enable data driven product development.
- Implement and control data access, governance and cataloging solutions for Digit’s data to help us maintain our PCI compliance.
- Brainstorm, plan and iterate on Digit’s data platform roadmap.
- Advocate for industry standard data engineering practices for Digit’s data platform and products and champion their implementation and adoption.
- Help hire new team members.
- Participate in team on-call and bug rotations.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of dedicated data engineering experience at scale, solving some complex data pipeline issues.
- You have experience building and working with both real-time and batch data pipelines. You can design and develop scalable data solutions with a long-term and growth mindset.
- You have recent accomplishments working closely with relational as well as No-SQL data stores. You’re familiar with extracting data from different data stores and making it available for analytical and machine learning use cases in data lakes and warehouses.
- You get excited to try out new technologies. You like to produce proof-of-concepts leveraging them to demonstrate if they can improve existing processes or systems.
- You aren’t afraid to get deep into the weeds to manage, deploy and improve low level data infrastructure.
- You operate with empathy when working with your stakeholders. You listen to them, speak your mind, ask the right questions and come up with optimal solutions for them.
- You have familiarity with the cloud ecosystem.
- You are well-versed with Kafka and it’s stream processing frameworks
- You have ample experience building backend services and data pipelines on cloud infrastructure
- You have dealt extensively with schema evolution on unstructured data
- You have designed message brokering tools and frameworks for developers
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- You have a healthy sense of paranoia when it comes to data privacy and integrity
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Kinesis, ECS/EKS, IAM, Glue, Redshift, etc
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $6 billion. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if Digit is right for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options with robust equity refresh program
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility reimbursement
- Daily lunch stipend
- Internet, commuter, and wellness benefits
- Take what you need PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don’t discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.