At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world’s first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don’t have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you!
We are in one of the most ambitious and exciting periods in Digit’s history. Digit has a product people love and is driving its business and growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in beta.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer who is passionate about building products for our members to achieve effortless financial health. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Product and Design to strategize, iterate on, and launch our products. The role is open to remote within the United States, and will be part of Digit’s Product Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be collaborating closely with our product and design team along each step of the product development process, from ideation, to implementation, to testing, and production release
- You’ll help set the technical direction of your team and guide the implementation of end-user experiences that better the financial health of Digit’s users
- You’ll mentor engineers on the team and establish best practices for frontend engineering org
- You’ll build user interfaces that are intuitive, accessible, performant and reliable using modern frontend tech stack for mobile such as React, React Native for Android/iOS
Who You Are
- 5+ years as a dedicated frontend software engineer with experience working on services at scale
- You have a working knowledge of React/React Native or similar modern libraries
- You have expertise building responsive layouts with HTML, CSS
- You have experience debugging complex problems & collaborating with backend/full stack engineers
- You are interested in improving user experience and building foundational design system components
- You have an appreciation for clean & well tested code
- You’re passionate about engineering and operational excellence and a champion of monitoring and observability
- You enjoy working on a team, growing as a team, and leaving things better than you found them
Technologies We Teach and Use
- gRPC, REST, http, SQS, Kafka
- Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- DataDog, Bugsnag, Rollbar
- Mobile development experience with React Native, Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- You have experience with mobile CI/CD pipeline using buildkite/CircleCI
- Experience working at fast paced fintech or banking companies
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if Digit is right for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options with robust equity refresh program
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility reimbursement
- Daily lunch stipend
- Internet, commuter, and wellness benefits
- Take what you need PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don’t discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.