Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are in one of the most ambitious and exciting periods in Digit’s history. Digit has a product people love and is driving its business and growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in Beta.
We are looking for a mission-driven Senior Software Engineer within our Product Engineering team who is passionate about building products that help people achieve effortless financial health. In this role, you will help ideate and build scalable financial products that power our customers’ use cases. This means being able to work across the entire stack when needed, designing and architecting large-scale financial systems, collaborating closely with Product, Design, and key stakeholders, and helping set the long-term technical direction of Product Engineering. The role is open to remote within the United States, and will be part of Digit’s Product Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll lead high risk product areas with real high reward impact: Your work will touch our money transfer systems that process millions of daily transactions our users initiate to save, invest, and make payments
- You’ll help set the technical direction of your team and guide the implementation of end-user experiences that better the financial health of Digit’s users
- You’ll architect, design, and develop the robust services, APIs, and data models that power new money management products and its systems
- You’ll rapidly prototype and iteratively push features into production, building incrementally and deploying daily
- You’ll scale our systems and processes to support Digit's growing user base
- You’ll drive and lead cross-functional projects that improve operational excellence and engineering efficiency
- You’ll collaborate closely with Product and Design partners to dig through the complex challenges of banking and money management — and reimagining the experience completely
Who You Are
- 5+ years of dedicated software development experience
- You have experience working with external APIs and integrations
- You have production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems and APIs and exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale mobile or web applications
- You’re excited to lead projects through setting technical direction and mentoring those around you - and have experience doing so in previous projects
- You’re passionate about engineering and operational excellence and a champion of monitoring and observability
- You have sharp product intuition and abundant empathy for the end user and motivated by working on products that create customer impact
- You enjoy working on a team, growing as a team, and leaving things better than you found them
- You enjoy working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- Passion for and experience working with complex money transfer and payments systems
- Experience working at fast paced fintech or banking firms
Technologies We Teach and Use
- gRPC, REST, http, SQS, Kafka
- Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- DataDog, Bugsnag, Rollbar
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility Reimbursement
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Collaborative workspace
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.