At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world’s first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don’t have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you!
We are in one of the most ambitious and exciting periods in Digit’s history. Digit has a product people love and is driving its business and growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in Beta.
We are looking for a mission-driven Senior Software Engineer within our Product Engineering team who is passionate about building products that help people achieve effortless financial health. In this role, you will help ideate and build scalable financial products that power our customers’ use cases. This means being able to work across the entire stack when needed, designing and architecting large-scale financial systems, collaborating closely with Product, Design, and key stakeholders, and helping set the long-term technical direction of Product Engineering. The role is open to remote within the United States, and will be part of Digit’s Product Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll lead high risk product areas with real high reward impact: Your work will touch our money transfer systems that process millions of daily transactions our users initiate to save, invest, and make payments
- You’ll help set the technical direction of your team and guide the implementation of end-user experiences that better the financial health of Digit’s users
- You’ll architect, design, and develop the robust services, APIs, and data models that power new money management products and its systems
- You’ll rapidly prototype and iteratively push features into production, building incrementally and deploying daily
- You’ll scale our systems and processes to support Digit's growing user base
- You’ll drive and lead cross-functional projects that improve operational excellence and engineering efficiency
- You’ll collaborate closely with Product and Design partners to dig through the complex challenges of banking and money management — and reimagining the experience completely
Who You Are
- 5+ years of dedicated software development experience
- You have experience working with external APIs and integrations
- You have production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems and APIs and exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale mobile or web applications
- You’re excited to lead projects through setting technical direction and mentoring those around you - and have experience doing so in previous projects
- You’re passionate about engineering and operational excellence and a champion of monitoring and observability
- You have sharp product intuition and abundant empathy for the end user and motivated by working on products that create customer impact
- You enjoy working on a team, growing as a team, and leaving things better than you found them
- You enjoy working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- Passion for and experience working with complex money transfer and payments systems
- Experience working at fast paced fintech or banking firms
Technologies We Teach and Use
- gRPC, REST, http, SQS, Kafka
- Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- DataDog, Bugsnag, Rollbar
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if Digit is right for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options with robust equity refresh program
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility reimbursement
- Daily lunch stipend
- Internet, commuter, and wellness benefits
- Take what you need PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don’t discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.