Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are in one of the most ambitious and exciting periods in Digit’s history. Digit has a product people love and is driving its business and growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in beta.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer who is passionate about building products for our members to achieve effortless financial health. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Product and Design to strategize, iterate on, and launch our products. The role is open to remote within the United States, and will be part of Digit’s Product Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be collaborating closely with our product and design team along each step of the product development process, from ideation, to implementation, to testing, and production release
- You will work to design scalable and resilient APIs that help power our mobile application and our integrations
- You will own the design, development, testing, and refactoring of backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- You will help scale systems to support Digit's meteoric growth
- You’ll lead high risk product areas with real high reward impact
- Your work will touch our money transfer systems that process millions of daily transactions our users initiate to save, invest, and make payments
Who You Are
- 5+ years as a dedicated backend software engineer with experience working on services at scale
- You have a working knowledge of Node.js, Go, and MongoDB or a willingness to learn
- You have experience working with external APIs and integrations
- You have an appreciation for clean & well tested code
- You’re passionate about engineering and operational excellence and a champion of monitoring and observability
- You enjoy working on a team, growing as a team, and leaving things better than you found them
Technologies We Teach and Use
- gRPC, REST, http, SQS, Kafka
- Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- DataDog, Bugsnag, Rollbar
- Mobile development experience with React Native, Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience working at fast paced fintech or banking companies
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility Reimbursement
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Collaborative workspace
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.